Monday, December 13, 2010

My Melbourne Visit - Part 1, The city of Melbourne and Port Melbourne

The photos I am sharing in this 2 part instalment are from two of the best days in my entire life! After meeting my partner a month and a half earlier, for the first time, I took a very short break from work and visited him in Melbourne, where he lived. I was not a big fan of flying then, something I have now overcome, in a big way... I hope you enjoy my 2 day Melbourne photos, such a lovely city and I'm itching to get back there real soon!


Flinders St station with the Eureka Tower just behind it 

A little covered alley, one of many in Melbourne

A window of The Grand Hotel, as seen through a London
plane tree

The old Rialto building, The Rialto Hotel

The Beacon Cove board-walk

The Spirit of Tasmania (hopefully she - and Tasmania - will
be part of my blog next year...

The Wharf Hotel

The Yarra River

The Polly Woodside, for those who are interested
about  the history:
http://www.pollywoodside.com.au/about_polly_woodside 

Three little white lanterns, sitting on a ledge of
The Grand Hotel

An old tram at the Southern Cross station

The free City Circle tram with a glimpse of one of the beautiful
horses that  is part of a 2 horse and carriage, taking people
through the city

The Dragon Boat Restaurant in China Town 

These 4 lanterns caught my eye in China Town

Graffiti of a Rhino in Union Lane, there was
some beautiful artwork displayed there

Australia on Collins, a large modern building featuring
a lovely little shopping arcade

Century Place, yet another little lane way,
we enjoyed a latte there

An old bike with a flower basket on Little Collins St

The Atrium on Federation Square

In perspective, along the Yarra


3 comments:

  1. Thoroughly enjoyed your photos Elle...you are developing such a good eye for interesting shots :-)
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! My (travelling) daughter is in Melbourne but failing to update her blog :( - wonderful to have an insight into what she is seeing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Judi, I'm glad you like them...

    A pleasure Su, it sure is a beautiful city!

    ReplyDelete