Monday, August 29, 2011

Chinoiserie, Mittagong - Part 1

This week's selection comes from our wonderful overnight stay at Chinoiserie B&B in Mittagong. Ray and I celebrated our 1st anniversary there and it was divine! Such lovely people who knew how to go the extra mile. A place I would thoroughly recommend to anyone who needs a getaway (for those in close proximity) from the hustle and bustle of city life: http://www.highlandsnsw.com.au/chinoiserie/
A walk in the stunning garden that Dominic tends to, was enough to give me a month of blogs! Here are just some of the images that caught my attention...
Chris and Dominic also have a page with regular updates: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chinoiserie/387852412783

Room With A View! ;-)

I just LOVE this flower, but not sure of the
name; anyone?

I really liked this contrast...

Taken from inside the Peony Pavillion.

A dry creek bed, leaves me wondering
if it flows in the warmer months...

The front of the house; very inviting!

Lots of lovely daffodils in the front garden

Some of the wild life around the garden.

A stunning rose I just couldn't walk past!

Some more beauty from the garden, just not sure what.
Perhaps I had better get my Flora book out?



4 comments:

  1. A lovely collection!
    The flower could be
    a Ranuncle or Anemone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much! We had a wonderful time! We found it; Abutilon or Chinese Lantern (Malvaceae), apparently it is native to western South America :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are beautiful, but I love the intimacy of the daffodil, and the view from the peony pavillion. It looks like one could step into a dream world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tina, for your lovely comments! It was a photographer's dream...mind you when we come back (soon) when they open their garden to the public, it will be even nicer, lots of colour and lovely fragrances. Very much looking forward to that! :-)

    ReplyDelete